little snitch for mac is a mac security software. Steps on how to download & install little snitch on mac for mac OS El Capitan 10.11 & Sierra 10.12. It protects you against unwanted internet connections, trojans, and online virus. I would list little Snitch for mac in the list of must have applications if you take mac security very seriously.
Little Snitch monitors your outgoing connections very seriously and alerts you when an app attempts to make a connection outside.
You can block the connection or allow as you like. Not only that, it monitors your browsing sessions too for possible threats. Little Snitch also acts as a firewall for incoming connections also on your Mac. Here are some of the features of Little Snitch for mac:
- Network monitoring
- Connection monitoring
- Firewall for incoming connections
- Temporary rule options
- System suggestions
- System process rules
- Domain based rules
- and much more.
Download & Install Little snitch for Mac:
- Go to the official download page of little snitch, and download little snitch for mac
- Locate the downloaded file that should mostly be in your download folder, double-click the downloaded file to mount the disk image or .dmg file
- A window appears prompting you to drag Little snitch download for mac to the applications folder
- Open LittleSnitch*.dmg and drag “LittleSnitch.app” to “Applications” folder.
- Launch the Little Snitch from the applications folder
- Now you are good to go.
Some more features of Little Snitch for mac:
- Detailed traffic history of the last hour, separate for each process, server, port, and protocol.
- Display of total traffic amounts, peak traffic, average bandwidth, etc.
- Variable zoom from one hour down to one-minute time range.
- Filtering by process name, server, port, etc.
- Versatile grouping and sorting options.
- “Show Corresponding Rule” quickly shows why a particular connection was allowed or denied.
- Display of system events (app launch or termination, sleep) to see network activity in its context.
- An Indication of connections denied by Little Snitch.
- Capture network traffic in PCAP format.
- Save Snapshots for later analysis.