Viber for mac is an app for making video calls, texting, and chatting. Know how to download & install Viber for mac on Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan & Sierra.
In this era of applications where we have Apps for everything, not even single app but there are two to three replicas of the same app with just little tweakings with the original one.
Viber for mac is the perfect example of this era which is the replica of Whats App and Skype. Apple customers have a tendency of using things which rest of the 90% world is not using; banking on the same fact now we have Viber for MAC also in a desperate quest to obtain some market share.
Viber works on the same principle of Whats App of registering cell phone number. At last, we found out a unique and not so useful feature that other established applications don’t have, that is you can switch devices during an active call. Rest of the features are:
- Voice call
- Video call
- Instant text messaging
- Stickers which are nothing but enhanced version of emoticons.
So here are the steps on how to-
Download & install Viber for mac OS
To download Viber on Mac, follow the below steps:
- Go to Download Viber page.
- The below window will appear.Click on Get Viber.
- Locate the downloaded file Viber.dmg and double-click to mount the disk image or .dmg file. The downloaded file should mostly be in your Downloads folder.
- A window appears, prompting you to drag the Viber icon to your Applications folder. Click the icon in this window and drag it to the Applications folder shown next to it.
- Next, launch Viber from your Applications folder
- Then, the below window appears. Agree by Clicking Open.
- The Viber Welcome window shows up . You can Click on Yes button if you already have Viber installed on your iPhone otherwise, Click on No .
- Next, you need to enter your mobile number (in which Viber is installed) and Click on Continue button. Now you are ready to make calls through Viber.
If you have reached this far then totally you are going to use this application. Then go ahead and enjoy !!!!
How to resolve Viber not opening on mac issue
The following steps have been taken from one of the comments below. They might not work for all. So please be careful before trying the steps below:
1) Delete the Viber.app
2) Delete the folder /Library/Application Support/ViberPC ; <– You can see this folder by pressing the option key.
3) Re-install the Viber 6.2.0
3-1) You need your mobile phone to install completely.
3-2) Enter your phone # in Viber on Mac OS X.
3-3) Wait until SMS received. A 6-digit code is included in it.
3-4) Enter the code in Viber on Mac OS X.
4) After Viber installation succeeded, you can add the chat(s).
However, you previous chats and conversations might get disappeared.