Audacity for Mac is a robust and powerful audio editor that beats all the mac OS X existing tools. Audacity download Mac is freely available App with great potential multimedia capabilities. It comes with built-in customized spectrogram mode, amplitude case editor and frequency monitoring window for audio analysis application. Audacity Mac download enables you to record sounds, play sounds, export and import AIFF, WAV and MP3 files and many more. You can also merge different tracks and exploit effects to your recordings. The range of effects includes Wahwah, BassBoost and Noise Removal.
Download & install Audacity for mac OS X El Capitan
Audacity for Mac is a free audio editor. To download Audacity for Mac here’s all you need to do:
- Go to Audacity downloads page.
- Locate the downloaded file audacity-macosx-ub-2.1.0.dmg and double-click to mount the disk image or .dmg file. The downloaded file should mostly be in your Downloads folder.
- A window appears, prompting you to drag the Audacity folder to your Applications folder. Click the folder in this window and drag it to the Applications folder shown next to it.
- Audacity is now stored in your Applications folder. Double Click on Audacity under Applications folder.
- Next the below window will appear. Click on Audacity as shown below.
- Next the below Register effects window will appear. Select Plug-ins you want to install and then click on OK.
- Once the installation is done, the Welcome window pops-up as shown below. Click on OK.
- Audacity is ready for audio editing. Audacity is now stored in your Applications folder. You can create a link to it in your Dock by clicking and dragging the icon.
With Audacity, you are free to explore your sound editing, recording and exporting skills.Curious to know more about it?? Then just go for it.