A Download manager is essentially a need of every mac user. Some of us literally want to get rid of default Mac download manager so we look around for the best download manager for Mac. We have come up with the list of the best download managers for mac which come with various capabilities like Queue/ Resume/ Pause download, Concurrent download from various sites, data compression, No daily download limit etc.
So if you are one of those mac users who is looking for a free download manager for Mac then you might want to try one of these download managers on your device and decide which one suits your needs the best.
Folx: Best download manager for Mac OS
Here are the features which make Folx for mac the best download manager for Mac:
- Folx for Mac is a free download manager and download accelerator
- Folx can download all files from simple file to torrents.
- Can handle any file size
- Supports all kind of downloading via HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP.
- Multi-threading lets you download more than one file at a time
- Supports auto-resuming of the interrupted downloads
Once you upgrade to Pro:
- You can even search for torrents within Folx itself.
- Using ‘Auto Speed’ feature in Pro version, you can allocate internet traffic more evenly on a slower connection.
- You can schedule downloads and resume them at any time
- You can add tags to downloads for better organization.
iGetter: Second Best download manager for mac
iGetter is the second best download manager app for Mac. Though it is hard to find in the App Store but can be downloaded from other download sites and the publisher’s Web site.
Features of iGetter:
- Easy installation
- Free with no license expiration.
- iGetter has two parts: the download manager and the download accelerator.
- The download manager lets you handle a list of files to be downloaded; Allowing multiple downloads at the same time.
- The accelerator uses segmented downloading over several streams to accelerate the download process.
- Resume or pause the download.
Jdownloader: The best free download manager for mac
JDownloader is surely the best free download manager for mac. Here are some of the features of Jdownloader for mac:
- Download files from file hosting services such as Mediafire, 4Shared, and others.
- Download files concurrently
- Download limit per day before IP address refresh
- Resume/ Pause your download at your wish
- Easier to use even for less experienced
- You just need to copy the URL of file you want to download and paste that in the downloader
- It compresses large files into usually RAR files to make the downloading size smaller.
Features of Pro version:
- No waiting time of around a minute in starting of the download
- No limits of MB downloaded per day.
Leech as a Mac download manager focuses on the browser’s integration. Here are some if its features:
- Set username and password for corresponding servers.
- The automatic login follows your account.
- No browser extension
- Queue, Pause and resume download
Speed download lite: A light Mac download manager
Speed Download Lite has all the features that a full featured download manager has. Here are some of the features of Speed download lite for mac:
- Expected to be an IDM for Mac
- Ultra modern design
Maxel: The smart download manager
Maxel has recently gained a lot of popularity recently. Here are some of the features of this mac download manager:
- Resume interrupted downloads
- copy & paste links
- drag & drop text snippets and Maxel will extract links
- automatically download large files from your existing browser
- download authenticated files from Maxel’s built-in browser
- Easy on CPU
Here are some of the features of the Progressive Downloader:
- A free internet downloader for Mac operating systems.
- download files through a multi-thread method
- Can be linked with other applications of Mac
- Provides automatic download support for files of various file hosting websites such as Rapidshare, Hotfile etc.
- Has a built-in mirror search, which looks for mirror site services for the files of large size.
Xtreme Download Manager is a free download manager tool for mac. Here are some of its features:
- Multiplies the download speed up to 600%.
- Queue/ Resume/ Pause downloads
- Incorporates with all the most widely used internet browsers and catches the flash videos from various video sharing web services such as Youtube.
- The GUI has a Youtube integrator, where you can you can paste the Youtube URL and it will grab the video in all provided formats (with varying sizes, of course).
- schedule downloads
- Uses sophisticated dynamic segmentation algorithm, data compression, and connection reuse to speed up the download process.
- Supports HTTP, HTTPS and FTP protocols, firewalls, proxy servers, file redirects, cookies, authorization etc.
- Integrates with Firefox on any operating system.
- Also, integrates with any other browser to handle downloads automatically using Advanced browser integration.
- Xtreme Download Manager is entirely written in Java, so it runs on any OS without even being installed.
Internet Download Manager: IDM for mac
Internet Download Manager, also known as IDM, is a tool for increasing download speeds by up to 5 times. You can resume, schedule, and organize your downloads. If there is any network problem, then IDM finishes the download later by resuming that.
It supports many protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and MMS protocols, and has an adaptive download accelerator for MP3 audio, FLV, and MPEG video files.