Earlier, in Apple’s OS when you wished to change Mac OS X default browser i.e Safari; you needed to open Safari to make changes as browser settings reside there itself. Thus for OS-Level settings you had to open a browser to change them. But with Yosemite OS X to change Mac OS X default browser and Email client, one needs to go to settings in system preferences.
However, apple has a habit of not fixing all the problems in one version so they have left out email client this time. If we wish to change email client we have to go into “Mail” app. But anticipations are high that Apple’s will come with some rightful place for this soon. So here are the steps on
How To Change Mac OS X Default Browser:
- Go to System Preferences(if you are unable to figure it out, then look in Apple’s menu).
- Then Click on “General” tab the first option under System Preferences here
- Click on “Default Web Browser” pop-up menu and change Mac OS X default browser to your choice.
- Sometimes, if you have any apps installed on your mac which opens as a web page but is not web browsers, it will also appear in the drop-down of default web browser list. e.g Evernote listed below is not a web browser but can be seen in the image below.
Now select the browser of your choice for example “Google Chrome” and enjoy surfing the internet.
Now it’s time to change the default Email client in Mac OS X after Changing Mac OS X Default Browser from Safari to any other browser. Here are the steps on-
How To Change Mac’s Default Email Client
- Go To Apple’s “Mail “App and Choose “Preferences” from Mail menu.
- Then Click on”General” tab and look down for pop-menu labelled “Default email reader”, select the email client of your choice.
And select any Email service of your choice, if you have any.