Xee is lightweight, streamlined and convenient image viewer and browser.In Xee, you can navigate through all images present in the directory. Apart from this Xee supports large number of image formats. The current stable version available is Xee 3.4. and its cost is $3.99 .
There is already an image viewer in Mac OS X i.e. “Preview.app”, but the problem is its inability to navigate through all the images present in the folder. So if you want view couple of images, you’ll have to open each and every image, which kills productivity.
Xee 3.4 Features
- Since Xee is lightweight, it needs less memory and is extremely fast.
- Using Xee you can browse image inside archives,which include Zip, Rar, 7-Zip, Lzh and StuffIt .It can read almost every format The Unarchiver can.
- Xee lets you edit your digital photographs without losing quality by re-compressing them like most other editors do.
- Using Xee you can copy, move, rename and delete images while you are viewing them.
Download & Install Xee for Mac OS X
Installation requirement for Xee is
- Intel 64 bit processor and
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later,
so you can install it on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Follow these steps to install Xee in your mac.
Step 1: Go to official download page of Xee Image viewer and download it.
Step 2: Open the Xee.3.4.dmg file and drag the Xee.app to “Applications” folder. You might also get warning like “Xee” is an application downloaded from internet, are you sure you wan to open it, just ignore the warning and open it.
To view next and previous images use Command(⌘) + Right Arrow (->) and Command(⌘) + Left Arrow(<-)
This is the trial version you can buy the license, it costs $3.99. If you have any issues or suggestions, please let me know by posting in comments.