Taking screenshots in Mac OS X is easy, but the image generated by it is of high resolution & size. And this is not recommended for usage in the blog/website. There are a couple of free tools available for taking screenshots in App Store but I found Lightshot screenshot better than all for mac yosemite.
Lightshot is a screenshot tool with variety of features which includes,
- Quick Screenshot of the selected area;
- Powerful editor to edit the image if you want just before you save it, so that you don’t have to again open the image in GIMP/other editor to edit it.
- Simple Interface, unlike other applications. It has user friendly interface which makes it easy to use.
- Share your screenshot on web.
- It is a cross-platform tool.
Install Lightshot Screenshot tool
Step 1: Open App Store and and search for “lightshot screenshot”.
Step 2: Install the application.
How to take screenshots using Lightshot
Step 1: Press “F4” and open Lighshot Screenshot application.
Step 2: Drag the mouse cursor to capture the required area.
Thats it. Enjoy
And do post your comment if you have any issues.